At just 4U, DM0 is the most compact dLive MixRack and is targeted at distributed audio scenarios and digital splits. It houses the XCVI processing core complete with audio I/O, control and audio networking ports. It can be controlled with a dLive Surface, using a laptop or iPad, Allen & Heath IP remotes or third party controllers via TCP/IP.
All dLive MixRacks feature the same mix engine and can work with the full 128 channels by adding DX expanders or digital sources.
The power of dLive emanates from the XCVI Core – pioneered by the Allen & Heath R&D team using next generation FPGA technology, with 36 parallel virtual processing cores generating enough power for 160×64 channels of processing at 96kHz sampling rate. Six parallel mixing engines within the Core calculate over 10,000 cross points per sample, while the FPGA router has capacity for 3,000 x 3,000 audio paths. The massive power of XCVI (25 billion operations per second) allows dLive to deliver 128 full processing inputs and 16 stereo FX returns, a configurable 64 bus architecture, variable bit depth for ultimate precision and noise performance, a virtually infinite mix headroom thanks to a 96bit accumulator, and class-leading latency at an ultra-low 0.7ms.
Their Deep processing architecture embeds class-leading compressors and processing emulations directly within dLive’s input and mix channels. An array of bespoke algorithms including Graphic EQs, Compressors and a 64 channel Automatic Mic Mixer (AMM) can be inserted on the fly without burning FX slots and without the setup, latency and licence hassles associated with external plug-ins – they’re right there, where you need them, whenever you need them. The compressor models capture the audio nuances and non-linear ballistics of industry classics, ranging from a Slow-Opto model, various RMS detection and soft knee circuits, through to super-fast peak and RMS based compression/limiting devices.
The RackExtra FX portfolio combines the pristine quality and wide choice offered by boutique plug-ins with the convenience and low latency of onboard processing. It’s no secret that they have a passion bordering on obsession for crafting painstakingly faithful emulations of the most revered outboard equipment. Drawing on the power of the XCVI Core, they have built hugely potent DSP kernels within the FPGA, allowing Allen & Heath’s to integrate their proven library of reverb, delay and modulator algorithms into dLive, with 16 FX slots available, each with a dedicated stereo return.
- XCVI 160×64 FPGA core
- 96kHz sample rate
- Variable bit-depth for ultimate precision and noise performance
- Virtually infinite mix headroom thanks to 96bit accumulator
- Class leading, ultra-low latency at 0.7ms
- 128 Input Channels with full processing
- 64 Mix Outputs with full processing
- Configurable 64 bus architecture (group, FX, aux, matrix, mains)
- LR, LCR and up to 5.1 mains mode
- Multiple PFLs
- 16 RackExtra FX with dedicated stereo returns
- 24 DCAs
- AMM (Automatic Mic Mixer) up to 64 channels across 1, 2 or 4 zones
- Built-in signal generator and RTA
- Connection hub
- gigaAce gigabit link to Surface
- 2x DX links for I/O expansion
- I/O Port – 128 ch 96 kHz
- Dedicated ME-1 48kHz port
- 2x Network ports
- Wordclock BNC I/O
- Add up to 46 DX I/O expanders via DX Hub modules or DX Link cards
- Flush front panel with ultra-quiet fan
- Dual redundant power supplies
- Reversible rack ears design